Installing a new roof on the home is expensive, but when the damages indicate that it is time for a replacement, delaying the process can cause devastating results that cost you money. But, how do you know when it is time to replace the roof? Many signs indicate the time has come. Use the tips below to learn if it is time to call a professional to schedule service.
· Look at the roof from the ground. Are there signs of damages that you can see? If so, you need a professional. Look for materials hanging off the roof, areas where there is missing shingles, and sagging.
· How old is the roof on top of your house? Most asphalt shingles roofs have a lifetime of about 20 years. If your roof is nearing or past this age, it is time to call a professional.
· Do you notice asphalt granules in the gutter when they’re cleaned? This is abnormal and is a sign that you need to replace the roof.
· Are there shingles that are missing, cracked, misshapen, or curling? These are also signs that you need to schedule roof installation beaverton or.
· Is there tar or cement in your chimney flashing? This is a sign of a weak spot in the chimney and roof and should be properly addressed.
· Check out the attic, especially after a rain. Is there evidence that the roof is leaking? If so, you should not wait to call a professional. Make the call if you notice sunshine/daylight coming in through the boards on the roof.
Does your roof show signs that it is time to replace? These are some of the most common signs that you shouldn’t ignore. If you notice roof damage, make the call to the pros and get the replacement that you need.Continue Reading